Table of Contents hide
What Is Chemical Peels?Chemical peels are a cosmetic treatment used for enhancing your appearance and smoothing the texture of your skin. It does this effectively by removing the damaged outer layers of the facial skin. This treatment uses chemical solutions to strengthen and smooth the texture of the skin. However, a chemical peel is useful for people who have facial blemishes, wrinkles, or irregular skin pigmentation. It is applied to problematic areas of your face, neck, or hands. After the skin peels off, a new layer is regenerated. The type, dosage, and acidic Ph to be used is controlled. And will be based on the condition of your skin subject for treatment.
Types Of Chemical PeelsThis process should be performed by a licensed aesthetician or authorized physician. To know which is most suitable for you, let’s go over the most popular types of chemical peels. They range from the mildest to the strongest, and their potential benefits to your skin.
The three main types of chemical peels are:
- Mild solution chemical peel
- Medium peel
- Deep peel.
Mild Solution Chemical PeelsAs a matter of fact, the superficial or mild solution peels have chemical solutions. professionally, only a medical aesthetician can apply this solution within 15 to 30 minutes and takes 1-7 days of healing. Nonetheless, they only affect the outermost layer of skin called the epidermis. And also use gentle exfoliation suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. Be that as it may, the common chemicals used are alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, and Jessner solution. Consequently, after the first treatment heals, you will have a silkier looking appearance.
Benefits of Superficial Peels
- Rejuvenate your face, hands, or neck
- Diminish fine line and wrinkles
- Smoothen coarse skin
- Hydrate dry or sun-damaged skin
- Control the oil production of oily skin to prevent acne break-out
- Ease redness and irritation on acne-prone skin
- Minimize enlarged pores
- Diminish age spots, freckles, mild skin pigmentation
- Fixes uneven skin tone and makes it brighter
- Treat certain skin growths like the wart-like scaly patches on the upper layer of the skin.
Medium Solution Chemical PeelsNevertheless, medium chemical peels are used to penetrate the outer and middle levels of your skin to remove defective skin cells. Although the procedure takes 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the extent and condition of your skin problem. Furthermore, a specialist doctor should perform this peel to avoid possible blistering and scarring. The treatment basically requires seven to 14 days of healing. Specifically, medium peels solution use glycolic or trichloroacetic acid and salicylic acid. It particularly uses different ratios and strengths depending on your skin condition. They dry up the top layers of the skin, which peels off for a few days, then allows fresh skin to develop. They produce longer-lasting rejuvenation than the superficial peels.
Benefits of Medium Peels
- Ideal for full-blown pigmentation like brown spots and age spots
- Treat sun-damaged skin
- Improve deep wrinkles and acne marks
- Improve your skin tone and balance uneven skin complexion
- Lighten skin colour
- Supplement ideal collagen levels to strengthen skin, prevent sagging and maintain its elasticity
- Prevent dry skin and wrinkles
- Boost cell renewal through anti-inflammatory agents combined with strong exfoliating solutions.
Deep or Strong Solution Chemical PeelsDeep peels are used to penetrate the deeper layers of your dermis. Phenol or trichloroacetic acid, together with resorcinol and salicylic acid solution, is applied deep in the middle surface of the skin. This helps to treat damaged skin cells. One session of treatment takes between 30 to 90 minutes. Since the layer of skin treatment is deeper, there will be some reactions. The reaction is it will swell for about two weeks and will redden for three weeks to two months. Nevertheless, the doctor will give local anaesthesia during treatment. And also prescribe a pain reliever to ease the pain and swelling after the treatment. Although full recovery will take several months, the impressive facial rejuvenation will last for up to ten years.
Benefits of Deep Peels
- It solves severe skin imperfections
- Also, enhance prominent improvement in your skin tone
- Powerful treatment for deep lines and wrinkles
- Treat severely sun-damaged skin
- Eliminate age spots, freckles, and scars
- Treat precancerous lumps
- Long-lasting facial rejuvenation for a more youthful look.